Mung Bean soup is a very popular summer desert because of its cooling and calming effect on the body. It is said to rid of edema and headache. But more importantly it is a very effective antidote for toxicity of arsenic, and poisons from plants or minerals.
- 1/2 cup of green mung beans
- Small piece of dried kelp - about 2x2 inches (optional)
- 6 cups of water
- 5 tablespoon of brown rock sugar
- Soak the beans and kelp overnight or at least for 4 hours in plenty of water.
- Discard the soaking water and place the beans in a large pot and add 6 cups of water. If you use kelp, cut them into small pieces or strips
- Bring water to boil then reduce the heat and stir well.
- Simmer for 60-80 minutes until the beans have expanded out of their skins .They should be very soft & fluffy. Add more water if needed
- Add sugar to taste
- Can be served hot or cold