Mung Bean Soup Recipe 12/27/2017
Mung bean soup is a very popular supper dessert because of its
cooling and calming effect on the body. It is said to rid of edema and
headache. More importantly, it is a very effective antidote for toxicity
of arsenic, as well as poisons from plants or minerals.
- 1/2 cup of green mung beans
- Small piece of dried kelp, about 2x2 inches (optional)
- 6 cups of water
- 5 tablespoons of brown or rock sugar
- Soak the beans and kelp overnight (or, a minimum of 4 hours) in plenty of water.
- Discard the water and place the beans in a large pot and add 6 cups
of fresh water. If you are adding the kelp, cut it into small pieces and
add to the beans.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat and stir well.
- Simmer for 60-80 minutes until the beans have expanded out of their
skins. They should be very soft and fluffy. Add more water if needed.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Serve hot or chilled.